Monday, September 1, 2008

A Novel Idea - Introduction

A more appropriate title for this blog would probably be "brain drizzle," which is why those words are in the URL. The title idea is more or less intended to be a pun, since this is a blog of fictional writing. Nothing here is apt to have anything to do with novel writing in actuality, as like most other aspiring novelists, I'm fairly territorial about any potentially publishable material. So, this blog will chiefly be composed of "shorts and snippets" - meaning short finished works or just whatever random scene happened to pop into my head when I was close to a keyboard. It could be an RPG post or rejected section of a larger writing project. Every once in a while, a posting may only be a few sentences or a quote. This is simply a creative outlet for any unpolished, unimportant writing knocking around in my skull, nothing more.

Now that an explanation of what this blog entails has been provided, I would like to give a bit of a disclaimer. Fiction, in my opinion, is wonderful because it knows no boundaries, is silenced by no taboos, and can unflinchingly reflect on every aspect of reality or fantasy, from the beautiful to the hideous. When we start treating people's fiction like a reflection on their character, it borders on censorship, because it inspires a fear to write anything that pushes the limits or reflects realities we aren't comfortable with. I like to challenge myself by writing on a wide range of subjects, some of which may be violent, sexual, or disturbing. This does not reflect my actions, desires, or moral foundations. This is my long winded way of saying something very simple: If you can not differentiate between my fiction and my reality, I humbly beseech you to read no further.

Enough of that. On to something worth reading... maybe.

No comments: